Pole detained over abduction of British model in Italy
06 August 2017, 01:24 | Hattie Nash
UK model kidnapped and held captive in Italy for six days
Police say the British model was lured to an abandoned shop near Milan's Central Station with the promise of a photoshoot, only to be drugged, handcuffed and put in a suitcase.
The woman, aged 20, arrived in the Italian city to take part in a photo shoot but was abducted and held for five days.
A spokeswoman for the Foreign Office said: "We have been providing consular support to a British woman in Italy and are in touch with local authorities".
She is believed to be aged in her 20s and was rescued by police when the kidnapper tried to take her to the British Consulate in July.
Her captors seemed to have a change of heart when they found out the model had a two-year-old child, and told police their "rules exclude kidnapping mothers" and chose to try and release her, the local paper reported.
She was kept handcuffed to a wooden chest of drawers in the bedroom for six days until she was released and taken to the British consulate in Milan.
The 20-year-old woman was attacked on July 11 by two men as she attended an arranged photo shoot.
Kenya: Elections official found dead a week before elections
The political protests and the ethnic violence that followed killed more than 1,200 people and forced another 600,000 to flee. In an apparently unconnected incident, the residence of Deputy President William Ruto came under attack over the weekend .
Another voice: Drop the bluster on North Korea
If Trump doesn't act, it will be another sign to the North Koreans that they can do as they please with no consequences. China is North Korea's closest ally, but Beijing is angry with its continued nuclear and missile tests.
Tillerson says he's comfortable in job and with Trump
He says he and Trump have had policy disagreements, notably over the Iran nuclear deal, which the president opposes. Senate has approved almost unanimously a bill to impose sanctions against Russia, Iran and North Korea.
Usain Bolt Rival Andre De Grasse Suffers Hamstring Tear
A loss in his going-away party? The sprinter star canadian has withdrawn from the iaaf world Championships in London, Wednesday. These are the Bolt Legacy Spikes made exclusively for London and they have design details from key moments in his journey.
Prisoners Escape Alabama Jail Using Peanut Butter
The fugitives were between 18 and 30, facing charges ranging from disorderly conduct to attempted murder. The sheriff did acknowledge the jail needed improvements, including more monitors and cameras.
Everything You Need To Know About The Bitcoin Fork
Also, it is not certain that the so-called user activated hard fork ( UAHF ) will happen, but it is very likely. It will only be successful if people decide en masse to create the blocks for the Bitcoin Cash blockchain .
Two dead in school blast
Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton said in a statement that his office is in constant contact with the school. Three people were initially reported as missing but one person was found around noon , uninjured.
Uh, No. You CAN'T Wear Your Sunglasses For The Eclipse
My two solar telescopes provide safe viewing in both natural (white light) and Hydrogen Alpha (Solar Flames) in great detail. A total solar eclipse means that Earth, the sun, and the moon, which all orbit in space in predictable paths, will align.
Teen jumps out of plane onto tarmac at SFO
Officials say the teen was not injured but was transported to a local hospital for psychiatric evaluation. "The door's open. San Francisco Airport spokesman Doug Yakel said no other flights or runways were affected by the incident .
Key trial of last year's coup attempt begins in Ankara
A total of 461 suspects jailed pending trial were brought to the courthouse, handcuffed and each flanked by two gendarme officers. Several similar cases are under way in Turkey after the coup attempt on July 15, 2016 that resulted in some 250 deaths.
Pentagon may turn Russian airline's 747s into Air Force One
News of the negotiations was reported earlier by the trade publication Defense One; it was confirmed Tuesday by the Air Force. Aeroflot absorbed most of Transaeros fleet following the bankruptcy but declined to accept Transaeros 747-8 orders.