tinyfav.com March 17, 2018

Universal readies Jurassic World AR game

09 March 2018, 02:46 | Gina Pena

CREDIT Courtesy of Universal Ludia

Jurussic World Alive

While the game is pretty much the same map-based game as "Pokemon GO", there's one key difference.

It feels like it was just yesterday when the Pokemon Go game launched with a social media explosion, bringing that world to life in ours via a clever AR experience.

Your dinosaurs can battle ones collected by other players.

More AR games are also in the works, including Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (from the makers of Pokémon Go) and Ghostbusters World. I'm guessing a large part of Pokemon Go's success was because it was the first game of its kind to hit the mainstream. It's called Jurassic World Alive, and it's a mobile, location-based, augmented reality game that will be out this winter, tied to the release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

As explained by the developers at Ludia, "Players will be able to discover dinosaurs by locating them on a map and deploying an in-game drone to collect DNA samples". Once you see them, you can catch them, collect their DNA, make hybrids, and force them to fight in an arena for rewards.

Q2 Weather: Falling snow stops, but blowing snow is still trouble
A 40 percent chance of rain and snow is in the forecast for Tuesday during the day , increasing to a 60 percent chance at night. Today , skies will be mostly cloudy in the morning, then change to sunny, with the high near 56, the weather service said.

Apple could release its first noise-canceling, over-ear headphones this year
AirPods have been tricky to assemble and use unusual design tricks, likely making them expensive to produce. They'll be wireless headphones, much like the AirPods, and they'll integrate with Apple Music and Siri.

Police investigating social media threat against Stonewall Jackson High
Upon investigation, officers concluded the device " had the potential to cause significant injury or death " if it had detonated. Brandt-Campagna advised the school community that students should secure their personal information to prevent identity theft.

There's no solid release date for this title beyond "coming soon", but hopefully the end result includes at least one instance of a player being surrounded by a pair of augmented reality Velociraptors when they venture outside.

Quite likePokemon Go, this game will require enabling the Global Positioning System of one's phone to enable one to roam about in one's locality or wherever one is travel so that one can interacting with dinosaurs.

Jurassic Park Alive will most likely come to both Android and iOS in the spring.

At launch Universal is aiming to have approximately 100 dinosaurs to find but they're planning regular updates to tie-in with upcoming film releases as well as special hybrids to unlock.

Speaking to Mashable, Universal Executive Vice President of Games Chris Heatherly says that "there's definitely that element of discovery, but we wanted to make it a little more flexible and also give you something to do at home". The only problem, is that the engineers behind Jurassic Park Alive were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

Other News

Trending Now

BJP submits letter to Nagaland governor backing Neiphiu Rio as next CM
The Naga Peoples Front (NPF), which was a BJP ally but parted ways before the assembly elections, bagged 27 seats. The governor, in all fairness, had given him (CM) 48 hours to prove his majority.

Amazon mulling checking-account like product with big banks
A new checking account service would essentially entrench the Seattle-based company even further into the lives of its customers. The retailer would target "young consumers" and people without access to traditional checking accounts, the report says.

28 dead: Burkina Faso terror attack bloodier than told
On Aug 13 previous year , two assailants opened fire on a restaurant on Ouagadougou's main avenue, killing 19 people and wounding 21.

What Is International Women's Day Anyway?
Women's representation in national parliaments stands, on average, at less than one quarter, and in boardrooms it is even lower. Subsequent International Women's Day protests demanded workplace safety regulations and remembered those who lost their lives.

New Nintendo Direct Airing Tomorrow
There seems to be a third-party port announcement for the Switch in every Nintendo Direct , with Dark Souls being the most recent. Some fans are hoping to see Super Smash Bros . in the presentation, while others are expecting to see that property pop up in E3.

Robbers try to cut off SA triathlete's leg with chainsaw
That's where the scene of a horrific incident involving South African triathlete Mhlengi Gwala took place. Fellow triathlete and Olympic silver medalist Henri Schoeman tweeted about the attack on Tuesday evening.

Germany's SPD clears way for Merkel's fourth term
The SPD treasurer, Dietmar Nietan (left), and temporary party leader, Olaf Scholz, announce the results of the poll in Berlin . But Volker Kauder, parliamentary leader of the conservatives, said his bloc would put curbing immigration first.

Why no FIR filed in Shopian firing? asks NC
The FIR accuses the 10 Garhwal Rifles unit of murder, attempt to murder and endangering life. Reacting immediately, Venugopal retorted: "Licence to kill? ".

Kerala 'love jihad': SC restores Hadiya's marriage, scraps High Court order
Her parents had made stunning allegations that their daughter was indoctrinated to leave her Hindu religion to join the ISIS. The court refused her permission to live with Shefin and asked the police to investigate all the facts of the marriage.

'We did perfect' - Guardiola 'so happy' after Man City controlled champions Chelsea
Speaking after the match, Redknapp did not hold back, giving a scathing assessment of Chelsea's performance against City. I understand 'okay we won't play with a striker, let's be hard to beat, ' but you have to have some intent.